The 2023 UAiTED Innovation Competition is designed to fulfill two objectives:
- Leverage high-tech innovation to facilitate ideas and solutions for problems related to the global sustainable development.
- Facilitate cross-regional, multicultural, and interdisciplinary global talent development.
In this competition, students will need to identify any potential or existing problems of the selected theme and propose solutions that include any emerging technologies and novel business models to support future commercialization. There will be 2 rounds of judging - the preliminary and final. All the commended finalists will stand a chance to win UAiTED Fellowship Award (listed below).
- Challenge #1: Increasing the Renewable Energy Capacity
- Challenge #2: Home and Social Care for the Aging Communities
- Challenge #3: Domestic Waste Handling for Large City Community
Gold Award: US$5,000
Silver Award: US$3,500
Bronze Award: US$2,500
Participants must be registered students at any of the UAiTED partner universities on the date of entry into the competition.
How to Enter
Stage 1: Individual Registration (March 15, 2023 - March 29, 2023)
- All participants must register through the UAiTED official website no later than the 29th of March 2023.
- Participation in the competition is deemed as acceptance of the Official Competition Rules stated in the Infopack.
- Entries must be submitted in English and can only be submitted via the UAiTED website.
Stage 2: Team Registration (April 1, 2023 - April 16, 2023)
- Only individual that completed Stage 1 registration is eligible to submit team registration.
- Participants will be added to a Facebook group to form teams after Stage 1 registration.
- All teams must register via the UAiTED official website no later than the 16th of April 2023.
- Only one representative of the team will need to submit the team registration.
4 - 6 students per team. Each team must comprise of students from 2 different regions. No pre-team formation is required.
Physical Pitch in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Problem Identification (Pain Points)/Background Study
- Innovation/Originality of Idea
- Feasibility of the Project
- Impact/Business Model of the Project
- Presentation of the Project
|Individual Registration Deadline:
||29th March 2023
||1st April 2023
|Team Registration Deadline:
||16th April 2023
|Preliminary Round Submission Deadline:
||5th June 2023
|Final Round Submission Deadline:
||3rd August 2023
|Physical Workshop and Team Discussion (Physical):
||3rd August 2023 - 4th August 2023
|Grand Final (Physical):
||5th August 2023
2021 UAiTED Innovation Competition Winners
2022 UAiTED Innovation Competition Winners
Please make sure you read through the info pack attached below